Wimpy Bike Ride & picnic lunch (provide your own lunch/snacks)
60 Acres Soccer Fields in Redmond to Sammamish Park
This is a scenic, easy ride on the Sammamish River Trail. We’ll ride from 60 Acres Soccer Fields along the Sammamish slough, through Marymoor Park, ending at the new park in Sammamish. This newly completed park right on Lake Sammamish has restrooms, water, grassy areas and picnic tables.
Bring a sack lunch or your own snacks. At the new park, we’ll stop for something to eat, enjoy the area, then return to our starting point.
Cancel if raining, sprinkles we go.
Round trip distance: approx.12 miles RT
Difficulty: Green, flat ride on paved Sammamish River trail
Speed on flats: Leisurely, enjoy-the-view pace…maybe 8-10 mph?
Meeting Time: 11:30, Wednesday June 20th, 2018
Start point: 60 Acres Soccer Fields (Park) located on NE116th St in Redmond.
This park is located just north (& across the river) of Willows Golf Course and south of 124th Ave N.E.
Directions from I-405
Ride leader: Nancy Reid, 425-442-2395, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take Exit 20A or 20B off I-405 in Kirkland
- At end of exit, turn East onto NE 124th St.
and travel about 2 miles past car dealerships, etc.
- Turn right onto Willows Rd (you’ll have gone downhill, but do not cross the valley)
- Go South for 1/4 mile and turn left onto 116th; the Soccer Fields are just across the bridge on your left and right.
- Try to park on the south (right) side of the street, close to the restrooms
- Look for Nancy by restrooms on south (right) side of the street.